Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oakland at Night

Hubby and I were feeling pretty good about our photography skills until we started looking at photos of Wisconsin taken on their photo sharing website, then we were suddenly introduced to our own inadequacies.  In an effort to solve this problem, we were inspired to take Collins and wander about Oakland at night attempting to be awesome.  I'm not entirely sure that we were awesome, but here are the results of our labor.

This fountain has been lovingly named by my father as "Turtle Spit"  It is located in front of Frick Fine Arts on the University campus.  It is creatively named after its turtles that spew water from their mouths.


This photo was taken with a shutter speed of approximately 13 seconds.  I like how dramatic the star of light seems.


This is taken from the front of Frick Fine arts with approximately the same shutter speed.  The strange sculptures are not facing our way, but I don't know that this is a drawback...


This photo allowed us to see the Cathedral of Learning along with the sculpture. I like it because the turtles are spewing in their happy way in full view in this shot.  I think I would make a poor fountain designer...


Day or night, I am always happy to photograph or visit Phipps.  We had to wait a few minutes to get this shot because the employees were exiting after a long wedding reception filled day just as we arrived.  We tried to look casual until they got to their cars.  Unfortunately, looking casual is difficult with a tripod.



There are some lovely lampposts on the sidewalk just infront of the conservatory.  I wish this lamppost were nearer to the woods, and a wardrobe....

No comments:

Post a Comment