Sunday, June 3, 2012

When Hubby Steals the Camera

The Phipps Summer show is in full bloom so we decided to add to our assortment of flower and butterfly photos.  Hubby took the camera and decided to see what he could find in the gardens. 



This purple spikey flower was very noticable in one of the rooms we usally just glaze through.  I don't know exactly what type of flower, but it looks so unusual you'd almost think it was made of silk.


We actually had some time in the orchid room, which is very unusual since it is such a popular room.  I thought this was a standout. 


This was in the butterfly room.  I think we need to plant some of these around the house. 


This was in the children's garden.  I like how hubby took this at a cool angle.


There were a large number of bumblebees in the children's garden.  This little guy was having some fun on the bright yellow.  We need to work on the color balance in these photos, but I think this one turned out pretty well anyway.



This was on a tree half way between the japaneese bonsai garden and the desert.  It was gloriously fuzzy and mixed up.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should permanently take on the role of photo-editor rather than photographer.  Hubby had an amazing artistically inspired day!









3 comments:

  1. Dear bumblebee,

    You scare me even in photos. Guess who wrote this? :)

    PS. I love shiny his wings are in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passionflower. You can grow those outside in this area too. Also, of course you should have butterfly bushes in your yard. You could even come an dig up one of our wild ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should steal those gems before it's too late! How about a trade... you can have some hostas and we will take butterfly bushes!

    ReplyDelete