Saturday, July 14, 2012

I know I take a lot of photos of birds but...

they just keep coming to our backyard!  It was a rainy Saturday in Pittsburgh.  Since the Psych Saturday marathon doesn't start until sometime in the evening, we decided to get out of the house to burn some time.  What better place to burn time than in our own backyard aka the National Aviary.  There were a few birds ready to pose this afternoon.


This little gold dude was drying off his wings on a branch right in front of me.  I like how compulsive birds are about showing every angle for photos.  Models should take note!


This is a roadrunner in the less visited Australian section of the Aviary.  While I was taking this photo there was a dad who was telling his daughter this guy was "holding a stick in his mouth".  Clearly that man was misinformed.


I was taking photos of this beautiful lady from an angle that we found in the weeds when a grandmother announced that she was "waiting her turn to take a good photo" from our spot.  I should have been flattered but that was not my first reaction to the statement.  Thankfully hubby spoke for us and only had kind things to say.


These crazy pigeons were at the Aviary again.  I don't know why I spend so much time photographing these magnificently ordinary birds.


Here's two of them looking at each other.



I try to take a photo of this colorful bird every time I visit the back yard.  He is beautiful but hard to photograph due to his awesome colors and the stupid blue background in his home.  Finally today I achieved the impossible.

Well it was an ordinary day in the backyard, but at least I got a few ordinary photos.



1 comment:

  1. I want to pet the eye of the blue bird. It looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete