Saturday, July 14, 2012

Flowers and Squonk Opera Roadshow at Dusk

In an effort to move on to something different, we took some photos of Oakland. 


I think the evening light made the pink on this plant really glow. I love how evening light really highlights the beauty of flowers.


Just after I took this photo of the Cathedral of Learning someone snuck up behind us to take this photo on her iPhone.  I'm not sure it worked, but I am sure that we walked through her next photo.


This is the museum as taken from the middle of Bellefield St.  Permitted?  Unlikely.  Fun?  Absolutely.


As is normal in most communities, there was a free concert just up the street today.  It was held in Schenley Plaza.  We unintentionally got there early enough to photograph this strange stage accent.


The band was named Squonk Opera.  I don't know what a Squonk is, but it was fun to find out.  Here are a few photos of the early songs in the performance.


In the end, it was a nice evening in the city.  It is always fun to see what strange things are happening just up the street from our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment