Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Eve with Collins

We took Collins out to celebrate Easter a little early.  Collins had a good day but, unfortunately, my picture taking skills did not.  I'm back to feeling entirely outmatched by Collins' vast capabilities.  In spite of that, the tigers were snuggling at the zoo yesterday morning.


Here's all three hanging out together.



This little guy decided to come out of hiding in the aquarium.  He wanted to show that he's good for more than just an expensive dinner.




Although it's not photographic genius, I was acually not even looking through the viewfinder for this next photo.  The deer in the petting zoo decided that my coat looked like a tasty treat.  While he was saying high, I generally aimed the camera at from waist level and this is the result.  I also had to dodge his tongue from going after my lens. 




Clearly this next photo was not taken by me.  I decided to avoid the problem that I experienced in the deer yard by handing my camera to that guy who drives me around.  This was taken just after entering the kangaroo exhibit. 







There wasn't much opportunity for photographic genius when the kangaroo was nibbling on my shoe, but it's solid proof that it was up close and personal.  Here's one that more accurately demonstrates that guy's photography skills.


Finally, this is the perfect definition of an awesome photo that never was.  These silly creatures were playing non-stop.  We think the game was something similar to "king of the hill" for goats.  Anyway, that guy was still taking photos and he just barely missed the top half of the goat.  I think the photo is pretty cool anyway.



That was the first half of Collins' Saturday.  More to come...

1 comment:

  1. The lobster is my favorite. Well, that and the goat belly photo. It's hard to decide.

    ReplyDelete